is a past version of Eclipse. Please visit our download
page for the latest version of Eclipse.
Eclipse Callisto Discovery Site
Using Callisto Discovery Site
The Callisto Discovery Site allows you to install any of the projects
included in the Callisto Release from a single location. Instead of
downloading each project individually and then installing them into
your workspace, the Callisto Discovery Site simplifies the process.
To access the Callisto Discovery site:
- First download either the Eclipse
SDK or the Eclipse
Platform Runtime Binaries.
- You then need to use the update manager to load Callisto
projects. See Eclipse
Help for general information about using Update Manager. You
can also view a screencam
demonstration of using the Callisto Discovery Site.
- For most distributions of Eclipse, there should already be a
"Callisto Discovery Site" defined in its Update Manager.
If you do not see it you can try adding the following URL as a
remote update site in your update manager.
- Alternatively, if you would like to view the list or projects by
their Eclipse Project (PMC) organization, you can define a new
remote update site, and specify a site-byProject.xml file. In
- To lessen download time (by installing the minimum number of
features), first select the desired feature in the Eclipse update
install dialog, then use the "Select Required" button to
select only the minimum required prerequisite features.
- Any time you get a chance, export your bookmark files from the
"Add a Site" dialog. Having them saved away in a safe
place makes it much easier to re-create another development
- Since the workbench will have to shutdown and restart you can
you do the upgrade and installs with an empty workspace and once
satisfied all is well, then use the -data option on the Eclipse
command line (or shortcut) to point to your workspace of interest.
- Both before and after installing "new" features, you
may want to use update manager to "Check for updates to
currently installed features". In some cases, just installing
a feature will not necessarily upgrade all of its prerequisites to
the highest available level.
Example of Update Dialog
Here is an example screen shot highlighting. The example is from
having started with just the Eclipse Platform Feature installed.