In this tutorial we created a simple listing that touched on many of the features of the BIRT Report Designer and Report Object Model (ROM). Now that you are familiar with BIRT, you're ready to learn more about it.
Additional BIRT topics include:
- Charting with interactivity
- Custom data access extensions
- Advanced formatting
- Advanced queries
- Multi-part reports (multiple lists, side-by-side lists, master-detail reports, etc.)
- Conditional formatting
- Extended data items
- Dynamic and cascaded parameters
- Joined Data Sets
A number of resources are available to help you learn more:
- The extensive online help included within BIRT. Select Help→Help Contents from the Eclipse menu and then click on the BIRT Developer Guide.
- Reference material, including ROM (Report Object Model) specifications.
- Additional example reports.
- BIRT newsgroup
- How to get help on using BIRT.