4diac @ events
Eclipse 4diac™ has been founded to support research activities and industrial adoption of distributed automation systems. Over time 4diac grew with new versions, improvements and new features for the modeling of distributed automation systems. Moreover, a special focus was the performance improvement of the runtime system. Even more important, 4diac as an IEC 61499-compliant distributed control environment for industrial and research applications has proven to be a stable basis for further research towards the next generation of distributed automation and control systems based on open standards. To get in conatact with its users and share results and future plans 4diac participates at different events, which will be collected here.
What is an Eclipse Insight?
Like an Eclipse DemoCamp, an Eclipse Insight is a collaborative event featuring technical talks and demonstrations from the Eclipse community. The topic of the event will be more focused on a certain technology area of the Eclipse ecosystem.
Eclipse Insight: Cross Domain Engineering
The software amount in all engineering domains is rapidly increasing as well as the complexity of today's software applications. To manage future software systems new engineering methods are required. This Eclipse Insight event addresses engineering methods in different domains, such as industrial automation, internet of things, and embedded systems. The goal of the event is to provide a technical overview and share experience knowledge about software engineering methods in different engineering domains. The demonstrations and talks will give an insight in Eclipse 4diac, Eclipse BaSyx, AutoFOCUS3 (provides the base for Eclipse SystemFOCUS), Eclipse Hono, Eclipse Kura, Eclipse Kapua.
- 16:30 - 16:40 Welcome
- 16:40 - 17:30 Industrial automation engineering
- Introduction to BaSys 4.0 (Fraunhofer IESE)
- Making networked production easy with Digital Twins (Fraunhofer IESE)
- On the way to self-configurable automation systems (fortiss I4.0)
- 17:30 - 17:40 Break
- 17:40 - 18:00 internet of things engineering
- 18:00 - 18:10 Break
- 18:10 - 18:50 embedded systems engineering
- Mecanum Rover: homebrew robotics and reactive microservices (Angelika Wittek, Oliver Springauf)
- Model-based Systems Engineering with AutoFOCUS3 - the autonomous ff1 car (fortiss MbSE)
- 18:50 - 20:00 Networking
This event was hosted by fortiss GmbH.