Discussion ForumFor asking questions and discussing 4diac related issues the 4diac discussion forum is here for you.
Project Mailing ListFollow and participate in discussions on 4diac. You can subscribe here
Bugzilla4diac bugs and enhancements are maintained using Bugzilla. Please submit issues and suggestions on 4diac IDE, 4diac FORTE, libraries, examples as well as the web page here.
In order to understand the 4diac concepts and the corresponding implementation it is advisable to get familiar with the IEC 61499 reference model. The following resources provide more information about the IEC 61499 concept and the 4diac implementation:
- Wikipedia article on IEC 61499
- Modelling Control Systems Using IEC 61499 by Robert W. Lewis and Alois Zoitl
- Real-Time Execution for IEC 61499 by Alois Zoitl
- Distributed Control Applications by Alois Zoitl and Thomas Strasser
Thanks for your interest to support 4diac. There are multiple ways to contribute.
Documentation, Marketing, and Supporting new Users
- Improve and extend the existing documentation
- Write new tutorials
- Support the forums: Answer questions in the different forums
- Spread the word: link to 4diac, use 4diac logo on your web page, write articles, blog entries, etc.
Bug Wrangling and Testing
- Find and report bugs to ensure the quality of 4diac.
- Submit ideas for improvement via 4diac's Bugzilla.
- Review and verify reported bugs. Sometimes there is not enough info attached to a bug report or it is hard to reproduce. Trying to reproduce a bug and extending the description is of great value.
- Rate Bugs, feature requests, and ideas. This helps that we can focus our limited resources on the most important elements first.
If you are a developer feel free to grab the code and start hacking. You can submit your patch any time when you are ready.
- Extend and improve FB library. Having a large set of FBs increases the usability of 4diac for developing control solutions.
- For ideas where to start your effort have a look at the bugs and features submitted to the 4diac's issue tracker.
- For getting started feel free to ask questions in the 4diac discussion forum and in 4diac's mailing list.